Would You Like to Hold?
Transferring a caller 幫來電者轉接
Renee: Global Medical Supplies. May I help you?
Vince: Hi. I’m calling about the sales position you have advertised.
Renee: OK, I’ll transfer you to our sales department.
OK, I’ll transfer you to our sales department.
● Please hold for a moment. I’ll transfer you.
● Just a moment, I’ll put you through.
● One moment, I’ll transfer you to HR.
● Let me transfer you to the person in charge.
● Let me connect you with Ms. James in Sales.
● All right, let me connect you to Sales.
EZ 好用句型Tongue-tied No More
1.put sb. through (to sb./dept.)
「轉接電話」可以說 transfer sb. (to sb./dept.)、connect sb. (with sb./to dept.)，或是這句 put sb. through (to sb./dept.)，through 後面要接「人或部門」。
A: Could you connect me with customer service, please?
B: Certainly. Please hold while I put you through.
put sb. through 後面若接某件事，就變成「忍受（某件事）的煎熬」囉。
A: I was going to break up with Rick, but I’ve decided to give him another chance.
B: Seriously? After all he’s put you through?